Senior Support Worker
Code of Conduct
A Code of Conduct applies to Adult Social Care Workers (and Healthcare Support Workers) in England, meaning workers should:
- Be accountable by making sure you can answer for your actions or omissions.
- Promote and uphold the privacy, dignity, rights, health and wellbeing of people who use health and care services and their carers at all times.
- Work in collaboration with your colleagues to ensure the delivery of high quality, safe and compassionate healthcare, care and support.
- Communicate in an open, and effective way to promote the health, safety and wellbeing of people who use health and care services and their carers.
- Respect a person’s right to confidentiality.
- Strive to improve the quality of healthcare, care and support through continuing professional development. 7. Uphold and promote equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Act in accordance with the Code of Conduct
- The care, safety & supervision of people being supported by the company.
- Act to meet the individual needs of people supported by the company. Assist in the development of our understanding of those needs and how these should be best met.
- Develop effective working relationships and communication with colleagues, supervisors and other stakeholders.
- Identify, report and minimise risks to people (e.g. risks to people being supported, to yourself, to colleagues and members of the public)
- Cooperate with the development & implementation of:
- Company policies & procedures
- Individual strategies, approaches and care plans aiming to safely and effectively meet people’s needs
- Plans, structures and routines agreed by the Registered Manager to ensure the safe and effective running of the home
- Ensure the home is safe, clean, tidy and well-maintained inside and out and that resources under your control are safe, well cared for and fit-for-purpose. (e.g. any vehicles provided)
Download Full Job Description