Code of Conduct
A Code of Conduct applies to Adult Social Care Workers (and Healthcare Support Workers) in England, meaning workers should:
- Be accountable by making sure you can answer for your actions or omissions.
- Promote and uphold the privacy, dignity, rights, health and wellbeing of people who use health and care services and their carers at all times.
- Work in collaboration with your colleagues to ensure the delivery of high quality, safe and compassionate healthcare, care and support.
- Communicate in an open, and effective way to promote the health, safety and wellbeing of people who use health and care services and their carers.
- Respect a person’s right to confidentiality.
- Strive to improve the quality of healthcare, care and support through continuing professional development.
- 7. Uphold and promote equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Act in accordance with the Code of Conduct
- The care, safety & supervision of people being supported by the company.
- Act to meet the individual needs of people supported by the company. Assist in the development of our understanding of those needs and how these should be best met.
- Develop effective working relationships and communication with colleagues, supervisors and other stakeholders.
- Identify, report and minimise risks to people (e.g. risks to people being supported, to yourself, to colleagues and members of the public)
- Cooperate with the development & implementation of:
- Company policies & procedures
- Individual strategies, approaches and care plans aiming to safely and effectively meet people’s needs
- Plans, structures and routines agreed by the Registered Manager to ensure the safe and effective running of the home
- Ensure the home is safe, clean, tidy and well-maintained inside and out and that resources under your control are safe, well cared for and fit-for-purpose. (e.g. any vehicles provided)
- Ensure you keep timely, factual records, including digital reports, logs and records which support the company’s legal, reporting, quality and audit assurance obligations.
- Assisting the Registered Manager in ensuring the home complies with industry standards, requirements and regulatory recommendations. (e.g. The Care Quality Commission (CQC), The Health and Safety Executive)
- Respect the fact that the role will involve access to privileged information about the needs of vulnerable individuals, their families and representatives and that there is a need to respect and maintain confidentiality.
- Ensure that you maintain personal integrity and can be approached by employees with worries or concerns, knowing this will be dealt with professionally, in confidence.
- Ensure you are aware of, and adhere to company and local authority safeguarding standards, practices, policies and procedures.
- Ensure you are aware of, and adhere to Fire and Health & Safety regulations and fire evacuation procedures in any company premises.
- Ensure you attend team meetings so you are aware of current needs, team strategies, approaches and direction.
- Ensure you attend training to ensure you remain suitably trained, competent, confident. That you remain aligned with current best practice and capable of fulfilling your delegated responsibilities to required standards.
- Be prepared to work flexibly. As part of a team providing 24/7 support, this role involves undertaking a share of rostered evening, weekends, sleep-in shifts and bank holidays.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the post and its grading, as requested by your supervisor or their nominated other.
- Other tasks or activities not specifically covered by this job description. Employment conditions can sometimes be unpredictable. Working with people, particularly those with complex needs, learning disabilities and challenging behaviour, can create circumstances that team members need to adapt and respond to. Those best suited to this kind of work will be those who can adapt and be flexible and build a level of resilience in the face of such challenges.
Download Full Job Description